Three Campuses, One School
At SISD, we may be three growing campuses, but we are one school. We know that our families and community value the close-knit, small-town feel of having all three campuses in close proximity to one another.
However, we also recognize that with growth in our community comes traffic and longer commutes during the carpool hours, especially during the end-of-day dismissal.
Our goal is to provide the safest, most convenient method of transportation and delivery for all of our students. To that end, we hope our families and community will partner with SISD with the following:
1. Please know that our bus route delivery times are approximate. We appreciate your flexibility and support.
2. Please be aware that the school day ends at 3:45 p.m. at the elementary school, which is the end of our students' instructional time. Please remember that buses are always available to transport your child home in the afternoon.
3. MORNINGS: The parking lot adjacent to Raider Stadium is for bus traffic only. Because the Raider Pride Band practices there each morning, we ask that drivers DO NOT ENTER this parking lot and assist us by keeping our students safe.
4. MORNINGS: The drop-off point for Raider Station is in front of the administration building, on the east end. Please do not drop your Raider off in the circle drive, as was initially communicated.
As always, we appreciate your cooperation and flexibility as we continue to work to make our transportation and commutes safe and efficient for our students and families. Please contact SISD with any questions or concerns.
See Your Child’s Name in Lights!
Make your student’s birthday extra special with their name appearing on the school
marquee the entire week of his or her birthday.
For more information on this exciting way to celebrate, click here.
SISD Introduces New Campus Start Times for Smoother Morning Traffic
It’s no secret that Sunnyvale is growing, and with that growth comes traffic and multiple bus routes! We appreciate your flexibility as we move to new campus start times and more bus routes so that we can best serve our students and community.
Look for bus route information at: http://c2.sunnyvaleisd.com/transportation.
Hours: 8:30 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
First Bell at 8:20 p.m.
Early Release at 12:55 p.m.
Early Session: 8:30 a.m. – 12:02 p.m.
Early Release: 10:35 a.m.
Afternoon Session: 12:03 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
Early Release – 12: 55 p.m.
Hours: 7:50 a.m. – 3:10 p.m.
First Bell at 7:45 a.m.
Early Release at 12:15 p.m.
Sunnyvale High School
Hours: 7:45 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
First Bell: 7:40 a.m.
Early Bell: 12:10 p.m.
Sunnyvale Elementary Parent Orientation
Tuesday, September 6
Please choose one session to attend for each of your students.
- Pre-K: Thank you for joining us for our sessions on Thursday, August 18
- Kindergarten Sessions: Thank you for joining us for our sessions on Thursday, August 18
- First Grade Sessions: 5:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Second Grade Sessions: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
- Third Grade Sessions: 6:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., 6:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Partnership Means New Options for Raider Lunches
SISD is excited to announce its partnership with Chartwell’s Food Management Company for its cafeteria services beginning this fall.
“Working with with Chartwell’s' Dieticians and Chefs will allow us to introduce
new and exciting recipes, unique menu items, taste testing and promotions
and professional chef demonstrations,” Child Nutrition Director Rhonda
(Monahan) Martin said. “Working with Chartwell’s allows us this flexibility
while still keeping in compliance with government guidelines.”
Important: Dress Code Information
As families head to the stores for back-to-school shopping, SISD would like to offer a reminder about our dress code policies. Please click here for the updated dress code policies in our handbook, which include highlighted updates for your convenience.